Saturday, October 27, 2007

Life is what you choose to see

Welcome to my blog. This space will become a little expression of my consciousness, a collection of fragments from my inner world and what I perceive of life, love, and the layers of reality.

Too much of what we find in our present world and modern society is a junk yard of materialism, endless unsustainable consumption, selfishness, and superficiality, all of which are symptoms of a massive unhappiness and emptiness in the collective soul of humanity. Humanity is at war with itself because there is not enough looking inwards. We tear each other and the planet apart, looking for happiness or some purpose for being alive, when the only answer can be found inside the spirit.

My purpose for this blog is to intentionally seek out the goodness and beauty of existence. Everything we need to be happy can be found within ourselves, in our heart or in our spirit. What is needed is an intense focus, a heightened awareness to be open to those deeper levels of existence and feeling. I’m talking about really living life to fullest, really feeling that you are alive, that the entire world is alive, the whole universe, every stone, tree, bird, human being, and even the infinite grains of sand upon the earth, all is alive and one and beautiful and you and I are one with it.

Coming to this realization is what I would call “Awakening to Numinous Joy”. And this search is what this blog will be about. I invite you to search with me and see for yourself. Stop the ceaseless running and look inside yourself. All that you need for peace and happiness is in your own soul. And maybe one day, if each one of us can bring forward that inner joy that we all carry in our souls (even if we don’t know it or believe it) and give it out into the world through compassion, we will find that the Kingdom of Heaven will become both an inner and outer reality.

No comments: